Intermediate professional development
- Review information on buy.nsw
- Search your agency’s procurement intranet. Become familiar with procurement process maps, handouts, newsletters, policies and procedures. Present relevant findings back to your team
- Review procurement templates. Fill out a ‘test’ document and present it to your manager for feedback
- Agree a time with your manager to conduct a delegated purchasing activity. Ensure you have read relevant agency guidelines and procedures. Seek feedback from your manager
- Ask your manager to work on a team project or assignment with a provider or supplier. Keep track of outcomes to ensure products or services you receive are in line with time and quality requirements.
- Seek a mentor within your agency's procurement team or a senior manager within your area who is familiar with procurement systems. Fill capability gaps you identify through reviewing policies and procedures
- Join a community of practice group, such as the NSWP capability development community of practice
- Attend the Procurement to pay forum
- Join networking groups, such as Procurement leaders
- Join the Australasian Procurement and Construction Council
- Shadow more experienced staff that do basic ordering, receipting and payment processes.
- Consider completing Effective procurement capabilities for the NSW Public Sector
- Complete any relevant NSW Procurement systems training
- Look at external training options such as Procurious, CIPS, ICAC and Next Level Purchasing Association
- Check with your operational training team for any relevant, division-specific programs
Register on the IPAA website to access the course materials. You'll then have 12 months to complete the training.