Foundational professional development
- Online / In-person
Updated: 27 Nov 2020
Consider these foundational level courses and activities, that align with the 70:20:10 learning and development model.
- sit with a procurement officer for a few hours. Observe their basic checking and quality control processes
- shadow more experienced staff that do basic ordering, receipting and payment processes
- search your agency’s procurement intranet. Become familiar with procurement process maps, handouts, newsletters, policies and procedures
- identify key areas for development with your manager. Present what you find out about that area back to the wider team in your next meeting
- assist in organising a purchase order and learning with the guidance of the administration officer.
- seek a mentor within the procurement team or a senior manager within your area that is familiar with procurement systems
- join a community of practice group, such as the NSWP community of practice
- join networking groups, such as Procurement Leaders, Procurious
- join supplier mailing lists, such as The Faculty.