Advanced professional development
- Online / In-person
Updated: 27 Nov 2020
Consider these advanced professional development activities that align to the 70:20:10 learning and development model.
- ask to sit in on a high-level procurement negotiation meeting
- present to your team on the importance of ensuring procurement and contract processes are open, transparent and competitive
- interview an experienced manager or procurement officer to gain awareness of contract management risks and what strategies we use to mitigate these risks. Record and present these to your team
- ask senior management to be involved in the next tender process that aligns to a project in your branch to gain awareness of the process
- agree with your manager the key areas for development within the procurement and contracts domain.
- offer to be a mentor within your workplace for anyone new or needing advancement in their understanding of procurement systems
- join network groups such as the Procurious network and the Next Level Purchasing Association
- join professional associations such as CIPS and access their range of services, including training and qualifications, knowledge and best practice insights, guidance, tools and templates and professional events
- become an expert for procurement activities within your unit. This is not an administrative task. It is someone that people can come to if they have questions.