The scheme has been established as part of large scale reforms to Subsidence Advisory NSW's governing legislation and operating framework as it is now outsourcing the claims assessment and other associated services process.
Following stakeholder feedback, the government agreed that using private sector service providers to:
- investigate claims for possible damage from mine subsidence
- provide other claims assessment functions.
would increase the efficiency and transparency of the claims compensation process.
Range of services
Prequalified suppliers offer the following professional services:
- building inspector and estimator
- civil engineering
- environmental studies
- geotechnical engineering
- property valuation
- quantity surveying
- rail engineer
- structural engineering
- utility and asset locating consultant.
For more details on each category, view the guidelines for applicants PDF, 301.61 KB.
The scheme provides simple access for NSW Government buyers and industry vendors. It promotes increased competitiveness to enable agencies to obtain better value for money.
Benefits for suppliers
- An online application removes lengthy and expensive tender processes.
- Suppliers can be added regularly, giving agencies continual access to new suppliers and emerging technologies.
- Streamlined categories enable suppliers to align their offerings and increase their chances to provide services to government.
- A short-form contract with simplified terms helps small to medium enterprises (SMEs) and reduces the costs of doing business with government.