Remote Sensing Services and Equipment Prequalification Scheme
|Date:||3 Dec 2018 - 3 Dec 2023|
|Updated:||18 May 2020|
|Managed:||DCS - Spatial Services||Contact owner|
Spatial Services, a division of the NSW Department of Customer Service (DCS), has established the Remote Sensing Services and Equipment Prequalification Scheme.
The scheme has been established as part of the NSW Government procurement reform, which aim to simplify contracts and tenders and improve opportunities for small and medium-sized enterprises to do business with the NSW Government.
The scheme offers supplier lists according to contract value and risk.
- Registered supplier list for low-risk contracts and contracts valued up to $150,000 (ex GST) each
- Advanced supplier list for contracts valued over $150,000 (ex GST) each or high-risk contracts.
Range of services
The scheme comprises the following categories and sub-categories.
Vendors that can supply remote sensing capable fixed wing aircraft and helicopters or their operation and maintenance.
- A1 Aircraft. A piloted aircraft suitable to have a LiDAR or imagery sensor installed with approved maintenance schedule.
- A2 Aircraft operation and maintenance. Piloting and maintenance of aircraft.
Data and processing
Vendors that can supply remote sensing data that defines the Earth's above ground and below water surface, depict height information, vegetation, floods and other special conditions and features.
Typically collected from aerial imagery, satellite imagery, or active sensors such as LiDAR and RADAR.
- B1 Satellite data capture and processing. Imagery data and elevation information that has been captured by or derived from satellite-based sensors at a range of different resolutions.
- B2 Airborne imagery capture and processing. Imagery that has been captured by airborne sensors in the visible and infrared wavelengths at a range of resolutions, the process of editing digital surface models for the purpose of creating an orthorectified imagery mosaic, the process of removing perspective distortions and relief effects for the purpose of creating a planimetrically correct image, elevation information that has been derived using photogrammetric processing techniques of airborne imagery.
- B3 Airborne LiDAR data capture and processing. Elevation information that has been captured by airborne LiDAR sensors at a range of different point densities, the process of matching elevation information together to create a seamless dataset.
- B4 Radar data capture and processing. Imagery data and elevation information that has been captured by airborne RADAR sensors at a range of different resolutions.
- B5 Terrestrial data capture and processing. Imagery and elevation information that has been captured with sensors located on the surface of the Earth.
- B6 Bathymetric data capture and processing. Surface depth information that has been captured by a LiDAR sensor or sonar sensor.
Remote sensing hardware and software
Vendors that can supply equipment that captures various wavelengths across the electromagnetic spectrum, equipment that uses technology to measure the distance from the sensor to the target feature and specialist software relating to remotely sensed data.
- C1 RPAS. A remotely piloted aircraft system (RPAS) fitted with a sensor to capture imagery or elevation data.
- C2 Cameras and lenses. Handheld digital imaging equipment.
- C3 Remote sensors. Specialised equipment for capturing remotely sensed data.
- C4 Surveying equipment. Surveying equipment for the purpose of positioning remote sensing data.
- C5 Remote sensing software. Specialist software for the processing, interpretation, classification and interpretation of remotely sensed data.