How to buy
This scheme maximises efficiency, flexibility and value for money for agencies as service providers have:
- demonstrated capability to meet sector requirements for employment related health assessments
- been identified as capable of providing a wide choice of service offerings, eg specific clinical expertise and/or regional coverage
- undertaken to meet high quality service and service delivery levels
- demonstrated the ability to provide scheme services at competitive rates and undertaken to negotiate enhanced services and/or other medical services at competitive rates
- been assessed and meet NSW Government procurement and probity requirements.
Who must use the scheme
Public service agencies (as listed in Schedule 1 to the Government Sector Employment Act 2013) must use the prequalification scheme for fitness for duty assessments of employees with non-work related injuries and health conditions, and for file reviews of medical assessments arising from the referrals.
Non-public service agencies have the option of using providers on the scheme or other providers.
How to use the scheme
Agencies may select the providers that best meet their needs as providers have been prequalified and there are no contract financial thresholds or minimum levels of competition.
To use the scheme agencies should:
- Identify the type of service/s sought and the scope of work
- guide for agencies
- scheme conditions sets out terms and conditions of the scheme
- schedule 2: service requirements describe the services and processes in detail.
- Select the provider that best meets your agency’s needs based on their capability and experience, performance record and price competitiveness.
- list of providers and services
- request a summary of provider fees or request quotes from your selected providers with eQuote.
- Engage the provider
- agency referral which should be used on each occasion incorporates all parts, terms and conditions identified in clause 2 of the Standard Form of Agreement.
- Standard Form of Agreement, also known as an Agency Agreement, enables agencies to enter into an ongoing arrangement or bulk supply of services with a provider. Specific agency requirements should be set out in Schedule 1: Agreement Details of the agreement.
- Provider Key Performance Indicators sets out service standards which service providers have undertaken to meet.
- Report any performance issues to the scheme manager at email@example.com
The guide for agencies PDF, 344.09 KB provides further information about the scheme and its use.