New policy for small to medium enterprises and regional businesses
The NSW Government has announced a new SME and Regional Procurement Policy which replaces the SME Policy Framework.
The policy applies to all new government goods and services procurement activity, excluding construction, from 1 February 2019. Extensions to contract arrangements in place before this new policy are exempt.
Initiatives under the SME and Regional Procurement Policy include:
- Giving SMEs a voice through a new feedback tool
- Making it easier to buy from small businesses for values up to $50,000
- Making it easier to buy from SMEs for values up to $250,000
- Making it easier to engage SMEs to do proof-of-concept testing or outcome-based trials valued up to $1,000,000
- Considering SME participation in all procurements valued above $3 million through a new evaluation criteria.