New Board Direction: PBD-2019-02 Telecommunications procurement
The NSW Procurement Board has approved a new Board Direction PBD-2019-02 Telecommunications procurement
It is effective from today.
When procuring telecommunications services over $100,000 agencies must:
- Buy through the Telecommunications Purchasing Arrangements (Contract 2210)
- Cap the maximum term of contracts, including extension options.
- Seek quotes from at least 3 providers, unless purchasing the lowest price offered through Contract 2210.
- Include an analysis of the effect of proposals on overall competition within the marketplace with any assessment of proposals.
- Provide data related to telecommunications agreements to the Procurement and Technical Standards Working Group upon request.
Agencies are encouraged to consider separating telecommunications request for proposals to encourage a more contestable supply market, for example by location or service tower.