All taxes, duties and charges imposed or levied in Australia or overseas in connection with the performance of this agreement will be borne by the supplier.
How to buy
Setting up a new business travel account
The AMEX business travel account (BTA) is the NSW whole-of-government mandated form of payment for business-related travel expenses.
To establish an account, please contact the AMEX representative:
Senior Relationship Manager - Large Market
Global Commercial Services, American Express Australia
Section 1 in the application form should be filled in with the below information:
American Express Sales Person
0423 965 110
Name of your Travel Management Company (TMC)
FCM Travel Solutions
Address of your TMC
Level 4, 33 Berry Street, North Sydney, NSW 2060
20 003 279 534
Travel Office Code
Once you have applied for a BTA, you must advise FCM. This will speed up the process and ensure the Amex BTA is linked to the appropriate account.
Following this step, both FCM and AMEX will work with your organisation and provide advice in relation to your account set up, including your account structure and completion of required forms.
Once both FCM and AMEX accounts have been established, your organisation will be notified.
Allow approximately 2 weeks for establishment of new FCM and AMEX accounts.
- Direct debit: paying via direct debit avoids the need to pay any late charges. NSW Procurement recommends it as the preferred method of payment. Organisations that elect to settle their AMEX business travel account by direct debit will have the money debited from their nominated bank account 14 days after their statement cycle cut.
- Electronic funds transfer (EFT).
Late payment fees
Late payment fees will apply to accounts which are unpaid at the next statement issuance date.
AMEX will be able to advise your organisation of applicable late fees during the AMEX business travel account setup process.
It is the responsibility of an organisation to manage payment of their AMEX business travel account to ensure they do not incur any late payment fees.
Government taxes and charges
Complaints and disputes
If a dispute arises, the first contact for travellers/bookers will be with FCM, however AMEX’s account manager/helpdesk will need to be aware and if necessary involved with analysing and resolving any transactions in dispute.
Please contact FCM on email@example.com if you have any finance queries including:
- American Express statement queries including enhanced data - please include a copy or screen shot of your statement and the area you are querying
- FCM invoices - should you have access to FCM Portal, invoices are available for all of your travel
- copies of hotel invoices (including incidental breakdowns)
- queries on charges.
Where a transaction is disputed and found to be an incorrect charge to the NSW Government caused by AMEX, a credit for the transaction amount must be processed by AMEX within five working days of AMEX accepting responsibility for the error.
NSW Government can dispute transactions up to 90 days after the transaction is charged to the BTA account.