• Mandatory
Date: 1 Mar 2018 - 28 Feb 2021
Updated: 19 Jan 2021
Managed: NSW Procurement
Type: Whole of government
Scheme Number: QGP0038-17

Range of vehicles

The range of vehicles available for hire under this agreement include:

  • cars
  • trucks and utility vehicles
  • people movers and mini buses.

Passenger vehicles

  • Economy: Hyundai Getz, Toyota Yaris, Nissan Mirca
  • Compact: Hyundai Getz, i20, Toyota Corolla
  • Intermediate: Toyota Corolla, Hyundai Elantra, Kia Cerato
  • Standard: Mitsubishi Lancer, Toyota Corolla, Holden Cruze
  • Full size: Hyundai i45, Toyota Camry
  • Full size wagon: Holden Commodore Wagon, Holden SV6 Wagon
  • Premium: Holden Calais, Holden SV6
  • LuxuryHolden Statesman, Holden Caprice
  • 4WD: Mitsubishi Pajero, Toyota Prado, Toyota Landcruiser
  • People Mover: Hyundai Imax, Kia Grand Carnival
  • Hybrid: Toyota Camry Hybrid

Commercial vehicles

  • Mini Bus 11-15 Seater
  • Mini Bus 19-23 Seater
  • Ute – 2WD Full Size
  • Ute – 4WD Full Size
  • Ute – 2WD Dual Cab
  • Ute – 4WD Dual Cab
  • Van – 1 Tonne
  • Van – 2 Tonne
  • Van – 3 Tonne
  • Truck – 4 to 6 Tonne
  • Truck – 8-9 Tonne

Other vehicles outside of the above may also be available. Please contact suppliers for further vehicle listing.

Additionally, situations may arise when the car requested may not be available. Please note that suppliers cannot guarantee availability of a particular vehicle but in these circumstances the car company should offer a similar vehicle from the same class as requested.

Key contract features

Rental agreements


A panel arrangement and an increased number of suppliers under QGCPO681 have resulted in improved location and vehicle coverage. To find if a supplier has a location near you please click on the relevant supplier below:


Motor vehicle insurance

NSW Government's rates include third-party personal injury and comprehensive motor vehicle insurance cover.

Travellers can pay an additional daily rate to reduce the excess payable in the event of a motor vehicle accident.

The excess payable to the approved supplier following a motor vehicle accident where the NSW Government traveller driving the vehicle is the driver at fault can become a claim against Treasury Managed Fund Legal Liability.  For more information please contact:

NSW Self Insurance Corporation (SICorp) - Wayne Chandler
Phone: 02 9228 3817  


GIO TMF Client Services
Business hours: 02 8121 3128
After hours: 1800 411 082

In the event of an accident or damage to a rented motor vehicle please contact the supplier immediately. Inform them of all the details of the accident and follow their instructions in completing an incident form etc.

Should police intervention be required, be sure to take down all the details of the police report and pass this onto the supplier. In the event a dispute eventuates over the incident, early notification to NSW Procurement is prudent to allow us to assist in negotiating the dispute effectively.

Supplier insurance

Suppliers are required to have the following insurance levels under QGP0038-17

  • workers compensation insurance: in accordance with applicable state legislation
  • public liability insurance: $20 million
  • third party insurance: in accordance with applicable state legislation
  • comprehensive vehicle insurance: covers vehicle repair and replacement.

Other information

QGP0038-17 covers the supply of passenger and commercial rental cars on an Australia-wide and international basis.

One-way rentals

One way rental fees may apply for some suppliers outside of metropolitan areas where a vehicle does not include a return journey to the place of pickup.

Please contact suppliers for further information in regards to one way rentals.


Should your vehicle break down, through no fault of the driver, you may obtain road service generally by contacting the rental car company in the first instance. Most companies offer a 24 hour service and are backed by the major motoring associations.

Full details and contact numbers for each company's breakdown service should be either in the vehicle glove box or accompany the rental agreement.

Eligibility to use contract

Public bodies can purchase from NSW Government contracts under Clause 6 of the Public Works and Procurement Regulation 2019.

How to register as an eligible buyer

To register as a new customer please complete the online registration form.

Once approved, you will be advised of your authorised buyer identification number and you are then eligible to use the NSW Government contracts. Please be aware this registration process may take approximately eight weeks.

Please contact the NSW Procurement Service Centre if you have any problems completing your application form or if you wish to check your registration status.

How to manage complaints and disputes

If a complaint or dispute occurs, both the buyer and the supplier must first seek resolution at the agency level.

Buyers: check our complaint management guidelines online.

Suppliers: make your complaint to the agency customer service representative or procurement area agent. If you can't reach resolution, you can escalate your complaint internally to someone more senior in the agency, or directly to the agency head.

If the dispute cannot be resolved by mutual agreement of both parties, you can escalate the complaint to NSW Procurement.

Contact NSW Procurement via our details on this site if you need more advice.