Range of products and services
Janitorial and catering supplies
This contract covers cleaning equipment and other cleaning consumables:
- cleaning chemicals
- cleaning supplies
- laundry chemicals
- washroom consumables
- waste management
- catering supplies
- catering disposables
- cleaning consumables
- food labelling and wrapping
- hygiene and personal protection.
This contract does not cover:
- kitchen appliance and white goods
- food and grocery items.
Services to be provided under the contract include the following and any other services within the scope as requested by the customers:
- account management
- customer support services and help desk
- training and education
- marketing and communications
- sourcing of required product
- product rationalisation and substitution
- logistics, warehousing and distribution
- contractor paid yearly audit of the prices and compliance to contract terms and conditions
- managing transitional arrangements
- self-promotion on eCatalogue and individual NSW Government agency catalogues
Key contract features
Free-into-store (FIS): Price includes ex-works price plus delivery, distribution and commissioning of the product to customer location.
Free-to-desktop (FTD): Price includes ex-works price, delivery, distribution and commissioning of products on a single order to multiple desktops or locations within the premises of the customer.
Minimum order: There are no minimum order value and quantity conditions on this contract.
- value for money offering for government agencies in managing their office supply requirements
- continuous competition during the panel period
- appropriateness and extensiveness of product range
- social benefits via direct engagement of small and medium-sized enterprises, indigenous suppliers and disability enterprise
- heavy emphasis on sustainability factors
eCatalogue and supplier online catalogues identify products with environmental labels/ecolabels (see point below) and certifications. For example, sourced from certified diverse suppliers like small and medium enterprises (SME), Indigenous businesses (IB) or Australian disability enterprises (ADE).
Suppliers are required to provide evidence of claims of sustainability through relevant documentation/certification or endorsement that their sustainable products meet relevant environmental criteria and standards as claimed but not limited to the following: Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), National Carbon Offset Standard (NCOS); AFS Chain of Custody Certification, Good Environmental Choice Australia (GECA) etc.
Suppliers may offer temporary or periodical special offers.
Suppliers may not substitute products in place of those ordered, without first gaining the customer’s assent. Only products matching the specification of the product ordered or higher should be offered as a substitute.
The product provided must be invoiced at the same price or a better price as that of the product originally ordered.
Agency savings opportunity
Further savings opportunities are available for agencies through the following:
- Contract prices are ceiling prices. Opportunities are available for agencies to seek further price reductions/discounts by undertaking a request for quotation process with panel suppliers.
- A wide range of additional discounts/rebates are available upon negotiation of an agency Preferred Supplier Agreement (PSA).
- Use of purchasing cards (P-cards) for payment.
Refer individual supplier details for further information.
Eligibility to use contract
Public bodies can purchase from NSW Government contracts under Clause 6 of the Public Works and Procurement Regulation 2019.
Complaints and disputes
If case of a dispute, both the buyer and the supplier must use their best efforts to resolve it.
The buyer should speak to the supplier's customer service representative first. If they can't solve the matter together, the buyer should then contact NSW Procurement.
If the dispute cannot be resolved by mutual agreement of both parties in consultation with NSW Procurement, it will be referred for expert determination. This more formal process will need a higher level of detailed documentation, correspondence and records.