Test sample 5
Things you should know and do before you even begin planning a procurement.
What you need to know
- There are certain things you must be aware of before you buy, such as the NSW Government’s procurement objectives. You must keep these in mind every time you procure.
- You should also make sure you know your accreditation status as this will impact on your ability to buy.
- To encourage innovation and get the best outcomes, you should be engaging with industry even when you’re not actively procuring.
- Construction industry procurements work a little differently to others and it’s important you know some of the key differences.
- There are other factors you should also keep in mind before you procure, including understanding whether your procurement is a ‘covered procurement’ and, if so, which extra rules apply.
5 procurement objectives must guide all your procurement decisions.
Procurement accreditation gives NSW Government agencies the authority to manage their own procurements within the terms of their accreditations.
Industry engagement is a key part of procurement because it helps agencies become informed buyers.
Construction industry procurement
In NSW, construction industry procurements work a little differently to others. We outline some of the key differences.