Australian Disability Enterprises
- You have access to a single marketplace of Australian disability enterprises through BuyAbility Procurement.
- BuyAbility Procurement has significant experience with large government projects.
- BuyAbility Procurement can tailor your proposal, from scoping to invoicing.
- Australian disability enterprises are available for all types of work.
- Keep our procurement objectives in mind when sourcing from Australian disability enterprises.
Understand what an Australian disability enterprise (ADE) is
An Australian Disability Enterprise (ADE) is a not-for-profit organisation that employs people with disabilities. ADEs have the same working conditions as other employers and they empower disabled people to contribute to their communities.
ADEs range from small nurseries to large product assembly lines.
Know the types of work ADEs do
The work of Australian Disability Enterprises spans the hospitality, retail, manufacturing, recycling and horticulture industries. It includes businesses specialising in:
- scanning and digitisation
- packaging and assembly
- mailing fulfilment production
- secure document destruction
- screen printing
- plant nursery, garden maintenance and landscaping
- cleaning and laundry services
- motor vehicle cleaning
- food services.
Many ADEs have quality assurance systems in place, as well as significant experience in working on large government projects.
Consider our procurement objectives
When you buy from an Australian Disability Enterprise, you still need to consider whether it meets the procurement objectives for NSW Government agencies.
- whole-of-life costs
- product servicing
- fitness for purpose
- any value-adding components such as meeting the government’s economic, social and environmental objectives.
Buy from an Australia Disability Enterprise
There’s no limit on the maximum contract value you can buy from an ADE. You also only need to get a single quote.
BuyAbility Procurement, an initiative of National Disability Services, can guide you through buying the process.
Visit the BuyAbility Procurement website.
BuyAbility will tailor your proposal
When you contact BuyAbility Procurement, they’ll tailor a proposal for you.
BuyAbility Procurement will:
- scope your requirements
- source suppliers
- help with a request for quote
- help to deliver the product or service
- assist with ongoing management of the contract and the invoicing
For more information, please contact: