Negotiate and award a contract
When you negotiate and award a contract there are certain rules you must follow.
On this page
What you need to know
- When you award a contract, use an existing template where one exists.
- If there's no template, or an existing template needs to be modified, you may need to draft new contract terms.
- To do this, you may have to meet certain requirements.
- Certain categories of procurement also have special requirements, such as professional services and ICT.
- You may also have the option of using a multi-agency access arrangement, which lets you piggyback off another agency’s existing contract.
There are different templates you may - and sometimes must - use when you award a contract.
Your contracts should always be commercial and make it easy for suppliers to understand their obligations and your needs.