Build a relationship with suppliers so they can excel while meeting obligations.
On this page
What you need to know
- Signing a contract isn’t the end of a process but the beginning of your relationship with a supplier.
- You should always start as you intend to proceed so you set the framework for a positive relationship.
- You should consider a supplier relationship management (SRM) approach to achieve the best procurement outcome.
- You also have many reporting and other obligations when it comes to the management phase of a procurement.
- Procurement also includes how you dispose of or repurpose the goods you procure.
Supplier relationship management
Find out how to build strong supplier relationships to drive better procurement outcomes.
Manage the lifecycle of goods and assets
Managing goods and assets throughout their entire lifecycle is part of the procurement process.
Reporting obligations for buyers
Know your reporting obligations once a contract is signed.
Agencies can grant a supplier limited access to government pricing to fulfill specific contract obligations.
Complaint management for buyers
Know how to prevent and manage procurement-related complaints.