Procurement Policy Framework
- The Procurement Policy Framework is the most important policy document for NSW government buyers.
- It gives you a comprehensive guide to how to apply different policies throughout the procurement process.
- The framework has the status of a ‘policy’, which means you must comply with its mandatory requirements.
Purpose of the NSW Government Procurement Policy Framework
The NSW Government Procurement Policy Framework is the most important procurement policy document for government buyers of goods and services, including construction.
The framework provides a comprehensive guide to the procurement process based on:
- NSW Government procurement objectives
- NSW Government policy, and
- NSW Procurement Board requirements.
It covers every step of the procurement journey from identifying your needs through to approaching suppliers, making orders and managing contracts.
Obligations under the framework
The framework has the status of a ‘policy’ under the Public Works and Procurement Act 1912.
That means you must comply with its mandatory requirements every time you engage in procurement activity. You must also make sure your internal policies and controls are consistent with it.