- You don’t necessarily have to be an agency to buy through the NSW Government procurement schemes, panels or contracts.
- Non-government bodies, including universities, private schools and private hospitals may be eligible.
- You can apply online if you’re eligible.
Who can buy through NSW Government arrangements
You don’t have to be a NSW Government agency to buy under the NSW Government contracts, panels and schemes.
You may be eligible if you’re:
- a private hospital
- a local council or authority
- a charity or community non-profit organisation
- a private school or college
- a university
- a public authority of the Commonwealth or another State or Territory
- a public authority in another jurisdiction carrying out activities in NSW
- a contractor to a public authority.
Read the full list of who’s eligible to apply in clause 6 of the Public Works and Procurement Regulation 2019.
Apply online now
If you’d like to become an eligible buyer, you can apply online.
We keep updated lists of all current buyers. You can use this to see if you're eligible and to get your NSWBuy number, which you'll need to use NSW Government procurement arrangements.
- Other considerations: Read an overview of some of the things you must consider before you start a procurement
- International agreements: Find out how your responsibilities under international agreements affect your procurement activities
- Governance: Read about how the NSW Government governs procurement activities
- Board directions: Find out what Board directions are and why you must comply with them
- Record keeping: Discover your record-keeping obligations for procurement.