Industry engagement is a key part of procurement because it helps agencies become informed buyers.
On this page
What you need to know
- Industry engagement is an essential step in becoming an informed buyer.
- It helps your agency align its procurement with what’s happening in the marketplace.
- Industry engagement can be separate from the 'plan, source, manage' procurement process or part of your planning stage.
- There are different forms of industry engagement. What’s likely to work best will depend on your circumstances.
- Every agency should undertake industry engagement.
- Both your agency and your suppliers should ultimately benefit from it.
What is industry engagement?
Industry engagement is at the core of how an agency becomes an informed buyer.
Principles of industry engagement
There are 8 key principles that should guide your industry engagement.
Plan an industry engagement
By properly planning an industry engagement you can maximise its effectiveness and minimise risks.
Run an industry engagement
Running an effective engagement means following a 9-step process.
Industry engagement methods
Choosing the right method is vital to making sure your industry engagement succeeds.
Risks of industry engagement
Industry engagement always comes with risk. It’s important you identify and manage them.