Buying outside of mandated arrangements
When you can buy outside of contracts or schemes
As set out in PBD 2019-04 Approved procurement arrangements, NSW Government agencies must use whole-of-government contracts and mandated prequalification schemes for obtaining relevant goods or services.
Where there is no NSW Government contract or mandated scheme, agencies can do their own procurement or use other agencies' arrangements.
Depending on your accreditation, the value and risk of the procurement, the requirements vary. For more information see PBD 2019-04 Approved procurement arrangements.
You can also buy outside of mandated whole-of-government arrangements, for:
- purchases from disability employment organisations
- purchases of non-construction goods and services up to $250,000 from an Aboriginal owned business, as set out in the Aboriginal procurement policy
- purchases of construction goods or services up to $250,000 from an Aboriginal owned business, as set out in the Aboriginal participation in construction policy
- purchases up to $50,000 directly from a small business, as set out in the Small and medium enterprises and regional procurement policy
- purchases up to $10,000 from any supplier, as set out in the Small and medium enterprises and regional procurement policy.